Our online educational sessions are hosted by industry leaders and special guests. We cover a wide variety of topics to ensure your board has the resources they need to govern effectively. Board members appreciate the option to access this platform for many reasons:
- View and listen to webinars online from the comfort of your own computer
- No travel expense required or time away from work.
- Year-round access allows for revisiting content if needed.
- Content on State Mandated Requirements for: Governance, Finance & Employment Law
- One-hour of governance coaching via email or phone included with the purchase of the webinar series.
- Series includes templates presented in webinars.
- Webinar series is complimentary for CharterSource board management software clients
CharterSource Webinar Series
Board Basics Series
New Board Member Basics From committee structure, composing minutes, setting board goals, milestone check-in to School Leader Dashboards, we will guide you through the framework for effective board governance. Included in materials are frameworks and samples for implementation.
Practices of High Performing Boards This is designed for charter schools that are invested in moving their leadership to the next level of performance. Learn about tools and practices of exceptional boards and how to apply them to your charter school board. Understand how a shared appreciation of accountability and engagement can foster strong outcomes for your charter school.
Charter School Budget Basics Learn the fundamentals of charter school funding. Understand the role of the board in financial oversight and the cycle of a charter school budget. Review key assumptions of what drives revenue and expenses in a charter environment.
Top 10 Misconceptions of Open Meeting Law Understand best practices to conduct your board meetings and procedures with care. Designed to help charter schools move their organizations forward efficiently without exposing the school to risk.
Employment Law Understand the foundation of employment law and the board’s roles and responsibilities. Learn about employment data practices and what information is required to be public. Also, review the fundamentals of discrimination and retaliation/whistle-blower claims. Our expert presenter, Jim Martin of Booth Law, will also share the tenants of at-will employment.
FEE: $500 per board for 365 days of viewing
Board Infrastructure Series
Charter School Facilities (Part 1 and Part 2) Learn about the basics of charter school facilities planning from budgeting, space allocation to the actual search. Both facilities webinars will provide insight on finding the right location based upon your school’s target audience. Learn about tools for calculating space needs and project timing. Also, understand the financial considerations of leasing vs. buying.
Our featured speaker is Tyler Baier, who has over a decade of experience and most recently served as Chief Business Officer at Bright Stars Schools Charter Network in Los Angeles, California.
Director Succession Planning: Why It Matters Shield your school from risk by making an annual succession plan review a priority. Careful planning of job responsibilities and crisis management procedures, will be reassuring should the unexpected happen. Both board and school leadership transition plans will be reviewed.
Leadership Performance Review Developing a unified team between the Board and school leadership is vitally important to the health of the school. Clear communication and strong development/support systems for school leadership is paramount. Walk through the review process from setting school goals, utilizing board dashboards to incorporating milestone checks. This session will discuss potential 360 and development plan to provide a comprehensive process.
Creating An Affiliated Building Company Learn from experts in this field regarding best practices for forming and implementing an Affiliated Building Company. Understand the statutory requirements and steps to establishing a new non-profit including your long-term growth and expansion plans. Review case studies of schools who have successfully completed this process and the challenges they encountered.
FEE: $500 per board for 365 days of viewing
Or purchase both series for $900 per board for an entire year.
Subscribe for Your Entire Board + Leadership Team
When you subscribe, you have unlimited streaming access to all current webinars, as well as any additions throughout the year (including sample documents and one hour of coaching).
- Click on Get Started button
- Register for your entire board and team; pay annual fee of $500
- You will receive two emails: confirmation of purchase expiring in 365 days and an email with a special code.
- Provide code and link to your team members which will give them access to their personal training portal.
- Contact bfinch@CharterSource.org to connect for 1 hour of coaching; expires within 365 days.
- School Leader/Board Chair will acquire the Board Webinar Series for entire team.
- School Leader/Board Chair will send link and code for access.
- Watch our webinars anytime 24/7 within 365 days including ability to pause and return at your convenience.
- Listen from any device including your computer, phone or iPad.
- Certificate of completion available upon request.
The presentation, materials and content of these Webinars are presented for the educational use of each paying customer. Any reproduction, rebroadcast or reselling of these webinars, or the content contained within, without the expressed written consent of CharterSource or webinar partners is strictly prohibited. The Webinar Series is not and should not be considered legal advice. Consult your school attorney for any legal matter of concern. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We are grateful to our Webinar Series partners and Minnesota industry experts for their commitment to providing quality services.